4 Things I learned from Visiting Taj Mahal, India in 2018

November 29, 2019


Throwback to 2018, when I had a chance to travel to India. The famous Taj Mahal, one of the seven wonders of the world. It is located in Agra, Uttar Parradesh, India. It is around 12,4 KM from Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Airport to Taj Mahal. A must visit place in India. It is a free visa for Indonesian people to enter India and now days Garuda Indonesia flight to Bombai, India directly from Bali. There are other plane options can be choose to go there. I took Air Asia to go Delhi and bus to Agra. It takes almost four hours to Agra from Delhi. 

Anyway, from my last visit to Taj Mahal, I learned 4 things: 

  • The complex of Taj Mahal is so big! 

The area itself around 17 hectares. We had to take a shuttle from the parking area to the ticket gate. As shown above, the main gate it self it is big. Don't forget the garden inside. From the gate to the Taj Mahal, there are 300 metre square garden lie down in between. In my suggestion, better to wear a comfortable shoes/sandals for walking. Sun screen is also important to use and don't forget to bring umbrella as well. 

  • The Mosque is still active

There are two grand red sandstone buildings face the Taj Mahal. On the western side, there is the mosque that still being used for friday prayer as my guide said. In other words, don't come to Taj Mahal on Friday. 

  • Buy the souvenir here or regret later. 

If you want to bring some souvenir about Taj Mahal: fridge magnet, snow ball, etc. Better to buy it here because most of them are not available in other place. I thought I could find it in Delhi, yet there was none. So sad. 

  • People is everywhere

People is literally everywhere in India. It is hard to get a picture of beautiful Taj Mahal without any people inside the picture. One of my friend visited here in the early morning, and he said it was less people. Oh, I guess he was right. Well, despite a lot of people over there, I am still grateful can see it with my own eyes. 

That's all based on my experience and other maybe has different story from their visit. But I guess all of us can agree one thing: the stone in Taj Mahal was crafted very beautifully. 


Maybe another time if I have more money and don't know where to go, maybe I'll come back. But from now, I prefer to go to other country that I never been to. 




You Might Also Like

0 Comments