Cafe Hopping: Barn Owl Cafe, Bekasi

November 20, 2019


Couple weeks ago, friend of mine shared her blog about owl cafe in Tangerang (you can read here), I was amazed since I love an owl. Then, I remembered I saw the same information on instagram as well about the same cafe that is located in Bekasi. So when I went to Bekasi, I asked my parents to come along with me to have a look. 

Turns out the cafe is located in Summarecon Mall Bekasi, and it is the same management with the one in Tangerang. It is on the second floor of The Downtown Walk. It is in the corner and close to Harris Hotel. It is really easy to find. But, please be reminded that The Downtown Walk is not the same building with the mall. I was lost when looking for The Downtown Walk and I thought there is a bridge that can connect the mall to it. Finally, after asking around the securities, we arrived! 

My first impression: wow, it is smaller than I imagined. I thought it is going to big space with a lot of owl around. Turns out it is a small cafe, few chair inside, and the owl in the glass cage. Yet they have plenty chairs outside. When we arrived, there are only two customers inside. It was weekdays when we came. Even there was not so many people inside the mall itself. After checking the menu and ordered I wandered around. Oh, please take a note that they only have coffee, tea, some non-caffeine drink and dessert (cake and waffle). No big meal is available. 


The owl is being kept inside the cage made by glass. There are only around 4-5 owls available. There are several rules that has to be followed if we want to go inside, here is some: 

  • Please wash our hand with sanitizier before and after go inside.
  • Do not touch the owl from the front side, they can bite you. But touch their backside of their head slowly. 
  • Do not take a picture with a flash as it dangerous to owl's eyes.
  • Please be quiet and speak in slow tone, do not make the owl surprised. 
The owl is only available from 3 PM - 8 PM. They feed the owl twice, morning and night. They will feed them in the open field close to the cafe and let them rest in there. Not everyone can take care an owl. All of the staffs have been trained well in Barn Owl Cafe Tangerang. I believe the owl is in the good hands. 

However, the spacious space outside the cafe is a really good place to hang out, to have a good coffee and have some good quality time with a good friend. I personally recommend this cafe as a place to have good chat with your loved ones. It is kids friendly but nothing much for the kids to have fun. As my experienced, after touched the owl, my baby went outside and run freely from one table to another. Maybe if you are looking for a place to spend some time for me time, it is a good place. And don't forget, there is no big meal available in the cafe. 

You Might Also Like

0 Comments