The Script and The Concert

June 09, 2015

What do you usually do when you are really bored of doing something?

For me, I usually jumping around from one website to another to find an inspiration.

Back to January 2015, it was summer holiday down here, in New Zealand. I was really bored writing my thesis, I ran out the inspiration to write, and most of my friends went back to their home. I know clearly that Auckland is one of the big cities in the world where there’s always someone held a live performance. I also know clearly that I can’t afford the concert ticket. So, I usually open the website (ticketmaster.co.nz), and didn’t buy anything.

But, that day, when I open the website, I saw something. I saw that The Script was going to come in May. I checked the ticket price, and turned out it was below the average price = I could afford to buy it!! I was so freaking happy. Since I didn’t want to watch it alone, I texted one of my partner in crime, asked her to watch it with me and she said yes.

Long story short, I bought the ticket in January and went to the concert in May. It was my first time went to a concert in New Zealand. The concert was held in Vector Arena. It is a big indoor space and fit around 12000 seats, can be used for sports or entertainment event. It's not that big compared to the concert places in Indonesia or Japan (because I had the experiences watch concert in Japan and Indonesia).


The concert should start at 7 pm but the gate open at 6 pm. I chose to watch it in the floor standing area. The reason, I wanted to watch them close up. I wanted to get the front line, then I came earlier.
The weather was nice, not that cold not that hot. I only wear one layer sweater and green pants. The gate opened in the right time and the crowd entered the hall. I always amazed with the way people lining up in here. They waited patiently. I remembered, the people behind us were a bunch of teenagers around 18yo to 20yo. They were five of them and two of them were a bit high. Because they talked so much and a bit too loud. Right before the gate opened, I really wanted to go to the bathroom. I was afraid I had to line up from the beginning again. But I couldn’t wait anymore, I had to go. I went to the bathroom and when I got back, they were gone. The line changed and I couldn’t find my friend. I was a bit panicked since my ticket was with her. Thankfully, I noticed the girls who were behind me earlier. I talked to them and they showed me where was my friend. All the people gave me the way to my friend. They didn’t think that I tried to steal their line or what. They opened their line, so I could get to my friend. I was touched. I don’t think I will get the same treat if I was in my own country.
It was my first time, and I noticed some interesting points:
  • Everyone want to get closer to the stage, but they do it calmly, really calm. They were not rushing, they were more like “if I can get closer it will be great, but if not, it’s not really big deal”.
  • There’s a food and drink stall in the lobby and we are allowed to have food and drink while watching the concert. Of course, they sell alcohol. People drink responsibly and I like it. I don’t really have any problem with people who drink during the concert. I just don’t like the smell of beer, I can’t stand it. Unfortunately, the lady behind me had a beer and it was a bit distracting for me. Thankfully, she finished after the opening performance finish. 
  • There was a last minute change of the performer and they (the organizer) emailed me, several hours before the concert. Informing that due to some reason (I forgot the exact reason), the opening performance had to change to someone else. Even though I didn’t really care about the opening, I was impressed with the email. Letting us know that there was some change.

Okay, I think I already talked too much, but I haven’t shared anything about the concert itself. The concert was a few minutes late, but still in the tolerable ways. The opening remarks when The Script enter the stage was beyond great. They also did some interactions with the audience. The best part of the concert for me was when Danny asked the audience that he wanted to do something crazy. He wanted us to call our ex, and the first person who got picked up by their ex, have to give the phone to Danny. You know what he did?? He holds the phone and he sang ‘Nothing’ to someone ex. It was a really awesome crazy idea. Lucky to you, a young lady, you could tell your ex that it was all nothing and Danny sang it for you.

End of the day, I was really happy finally I gain one more experience while in Auckland, went to concert. Time to off to bed.

See you again on my next post

You Might Also Like

0 Comments