Birthday Celebration

January 26, 2015

Dear Auckland, Happy Birthday!

Happy 175th anniversary, Auckland. 


Yup, 26th January is Auckland's birthday. Bunch of entertainments, exhibitions, and events were being held in the town. It became long weekend in Auckland, no school, no work on Monday. I went to the some of the events on Sunday. It was really awesome celebration for me. 

I started my Sunday with going to Stardome in One Tree Hill. I went to the planetarium and joined the trip to Jupiter for 15 minutes only. So fast isn't? It was my first time go to a planetarium and I was amazed with all the information and the shows over there. Usually, visitor need to pay $10 for the show and $25 for the special show, but I only pay $2 yesterday. Because it was a special occasion due to Auckland's birthday. I did some groceries after that. Since, there is a big supermarket with cheap prices close to the planetarium. I don't want to miss it, buying what I need (I ran out shampoo and sausage) with cheaper prices. I continued my day with scrolling around the city center, shopping some stuffs, checking on the clothing prices, trying my luck to find a good price of cloth. 

Anyway, back to the celebration of Auckland, I went to the port, queens wharf after that. They decorate the port into some play ground with the beautiful gate welcoming us. 

 

The Gate


I listened to the story telling about Auckland and the country at the queens wharf. There are also some exhibitions over there. Some of them exhibit handmade cloth, painting, and other crafts. I didn't buy anything from there, except postcard limited edition.


Then, I spent my afternoon in Viaduct (10 minutes walk from the port), enjoying my ice cream while watching some kids playing around. Such a lovely. However, since it was really crowded and I have been out since the morning, I walked around looking for a spot where I can take a rest. Thankfully I found a bench where I can put my ass and have some rest. 

 

But, guess what, the area  where I sit was actually an area for a performance. It turned out that there are three street performances who's going to perform in the area.So I ended up watching the show for the rest of my afternoon. Then without realizing, it's already 9 pm, 30 minutes left before the fireworks. The fireworks is my main reason to go out on Sunday. I want to watch the firework from the good spot. So, me and my friends look for the best spot to watch it. 


 

It is said that the fireworks will be off from two different places, the sky tower (top picture) and queens wharf (bottom picture). I was thinking it will be better if I could see both of them, so I decided to see it from viaduct. Thankfully I made the right decision, I could see both of the fireworks! The fireworks was better than during New Year's Eve, yet it will be better if they do it in different times. Oh well, even though it happened like that, I still love it. Overall it was lovely Sunday, I could watch bunch of performances, taking a lot of pictures, ate good food, and enjoying both of the fireworks. 

Once again, happy birthday Auckland. I wish the town will be better in every aspects in the next future. See you next time!

You Might Also Like

1 Comments