End Year 2019 Road Trip: Pekalongan

January 10, 2020


It was not my first time to visit Pekalongan but it was my first time staying in Pekalongan and have some time to explore in Pekalongan. Usually if we have a road trip, we only transit for a while. But it turned out on that day my toddler got along very well with the cousins.  We arrived around before lunch. My dad and my husband were really excited for the durian from Pekalongan. While my toddler was excited to meet the cousins. It was beautiful mini reunion since last Eid. My toddler played and had fun with the cousins very well. Therefore, after lunch, they brought us to the river close their house. It was my very first experience brought my toddler to the river. 


The name of the river is Lolong. We need to pay IDR 5000 for the parking fee. From the gate we have to walk down to the river. The water is very clear, so do the air around. We can play in the river, but I highly recommend not to cross the river by yourself. Because the water flow can change suddenly and the water level can go up. It can be dangerous. What we did is only playing on the river side, walking around. I also suggest to bring change clothes. They have a bathroom, but not that clean. We spent almost two hours over there. My toddler was very happy to get close with nature. But, but, please kindly take a note that since this is Indonesia and not all people know that we are not allowed to smoke in any kind place, be careful with the smokers. 

Since it was not in our plan, so we had to book the hotel in very last minute. It was christmas eve and long holiday for most of the people. Yet, thankfully we got rooms though Traveloka. Of course with a good rate. We stayed in Hotel Pesonna Pekalongan. It is located in the town square Pekalongan. It is walking distant to the grand mosque. It is very recommended. 



At the night, we were really confused what to eat. So, we googled it. We found this restaurant close to our hotel with a good review on google. It is Garang Asem H. Masduki. It is very close to the hotel. It is a small restaurant, or should I call it a food stall (warung). The menu is not that much, they only have garang asem, black squid with rice, and mixed rice (with tempe, egg, and chili). Despite of that, the taste is good. The price is quite expensive for the local restaurant. Yet, I don't mind to eat there again. 

On the next morning, we checked out after breakfast. It was really short, less than 24 hours in Pekalongan. Maybe next time we should stay longer. My counsin said that now Pekalongan has more unique places to visit. Oh well, until next time Pekalongan!   
   



You Might Also Like

0 Comments