2019 Road Trip in Australia (1) : Jakarta - Melbourne - Tasmania

February 04, 2020

Finally I have the chance to write my very first experience travelling overseas with infant. It was almost a year ago. Hope I still remember all the details.  

27 - 28 February 2019 

I was still working by that time and I took the day off since morning. Eventhough I flew at night, I just didn't want to risk anything. I was worried that I miss something or forget something to bring. It was my first time travelling (almost) long haul with my infant. She was one year old that time, couldn't speak well yet, and still direct breast feeding (dbf), but she was able to walk well. I googled everything about travelling with infant, how to, what to prepare and everything. I made a list what to bring, what kind of clothes that I should bring, and etc. I rent the stroller which cabin friendly and easy to fold in gigel for two weeks. I prayed a lot that everything will be fine.    

--

We departed from Jakarta to Melbourne at 19.25 using Garuda Airlines. Safely arrived in Melbourne at 2 AM in the next morning. God is good. Since we brought baby and elderly, we passed the immigration in Melbourne so fast. We got special access. The funny thing was, the staff in Melbourne immigration recognized my father in law. So it was like chatting with a friend while in immigration. He said that he met my father in law a year ago. Well, my father in law was kind of not really sure they met haha. Our final plan was to Hobart, Tasmania. We had to wait for our next flight to Hobart. There was nothing wrong with my baby at that moment. We flew safely and landed in Hobart in just few hours. After we took the car, we drove to our AirBnB. 


We stayed in west hobart. It was really beautiful house with a nice neigborhood. It was unfortunate that we didn't have any picture about the house. But it can be find here, worth to try in my suggestion. 

1 - 2 March 2019

First day of March, 2019 in new country. After long trip and good rest, we planned to wander around Hobart. But unfortunatelly, we had to cancel the plan. Out of nowhere, our baby got fever. She cried, clinggy, didn't want being separated from me. We didn't know what to do. So.. in the first day of March 2019, we just stayed at our AirBnB, accompanied our baby. It was frustating but there was nothing we could do. 

The next day, she still got the fever. We already gave a medicine that she usually drink. Yet, still nothing change. Thankfully, she wanted to eat in the afternoon and getting better. However, me and our baby stayed at home on that day and the others went to wander Hobart. We just hoped the next day she got better because we had to start our journey with campervan. 

-----

Want to know what happened after? 

Stay tunes, I will continue the story. 


You Might Also Like

0 Comments